Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A resolution of sorts

A new year is upon us, and, if you're reading this, you've survived. GOOD JOB!! Gold stars and all that jazz! Now we move to the next year!

The usual tradition of the beginning of the year is to create a resolution, something you are aiming for for the upcoming 364 days ahead of you. I'm not one to make such big goals. Not because I can't do it, but because I'm far too realistic for my own good.

I was thinking of this tradition, and I thought, why not make this a bit more attainable? This year, I've created a month to month goal. I will have one goal each month to attain, and if I so choose, I will continue with that habit, if not, I will at least be able to say (hopefully) that I completed each task and can move on to the next.

Here's my plan:

January - at least 2 blog posts a week. Nothing intense or deep all the time, but something tangible linked to my current events, rants, opinions, or foodie-ing I may be doing in my life

February - this one I call VEG-uary. For one month (and yes, the shortest one!) I will not eat meat. No bacon, no chicken, no broth, no Caesars, just fruits, veggies, dairy, and eggs. I'll need help with this one.

March - get at least 2 play ideas written out with plot points and at least 2 scene breakdowns each. Bonus points if I don't just write monologues

April- develop my business contacts. Whether within my crafting, event management, or theatre, I would like to have 5 contacts towards my future. *note* friends don't count! This could be done earlier, but this is my deadline.

May - go to at least 2 new restaurants a week. This could be fine dining, a diner, a bar, but I want to try new place I haven't been to yet in this grand city of mine

June - explore new music artists out there. With NXNE happening, I want to go to shows that are more off the grid and challenge my music tastes

July - Take my friends to fringe shows. I love the fringe festival, and a lot off my friends have no idea about this festival, as many are wrapped up in music. This month, with every show I go see, I want to have at least one non-theatre friend with me to enjoy and discuss it after the fact. This should be interesting.

August - This month I want to be outside as much as possible. My goal is to watch a max of 30 minutes of tv a day (limited to news only) and watch movies only after 8pm, (with exception to rainy day matinees) and bike at least once a day. I will also spend at least 2 days in the park and 1 day a week on a beach of some kind. I want to grab hold of summer!!

September - caffeine free. Crap.

October - Start my Christmas sewing. This includes presents, toys to sell, and create 2 new patterns for an item.

November - one new recipe a week. Try something I've never made, never cooked, never tried, and make it. I'll also post about it.

December - relax. This is usually a stressful month, so I want to take 5 minutes every day to relax. Whether it's posting something goofy, watching a stupid show, or grabbing a drink with friends, I want this month to be about enjoying life and what I have around me.

So there you have it. My 12-month goal. So far, so good.

Happy New Years everyone, best of luck in your own resolutions and here's to another year of whatever life may bring us! Whatever gets thrown, make the best of it and make it work for you.

-janeovision

No comments:

Post a Comment